Hair Products That Have Changed My Life That You Need Now

A catastrophe has occurred.

Your ends are frayed, and this week it feels like you have poor hair days every day. Where exactly did things go wrong?

I'll put it this way. The box color, hot shower, and intensive blow-dry session you go through probably almost every week? Not very great for your beautiful hair. But listen, even if your hair isn't alive, it still needs proper care.

But do not worry! I'm here to support you! Today's hair health blog will assist in demonstrating and instructing you on how to care for your hair to keep it healthy and gorgeous with these top products that have truly changed my hair's life.

CLEANSER

Now there are clearly multiple steps to getting into the flow of your hair health journey but for starters let's talk cleanser. 

If you are like me and have somewhat thin hair and it tends to get oily super fast like even the day after you wash it? Well, then you may just love this shampoo and conditioner combo because ever since I introduced it into my life, my hair has never felt and looked better! 

Bain de Terre Sweet Almond Oil Long & Healthy Shampoo and Conditioner has been the holy grail in my hair game. 

Made with sweet almond oil, valuable argan and monoi oils, and a luxurious, paraben-free, color-safe cleanser all combined to give hair the softest, most luxurious, silkiest perfect feel and look. It amplifies hair texture while refreshing the scalp and delivering a healthy shine, reduces excessive daily hair loss, improves the appearance of thinning hair, and essentially helps hair grow long and twice as strong by cleansing and fortifying.



HAIR MASK

I'll be honest there was once a time in my life when I didn't utilize hair masks because I always felt like they didn't do anything for me. I never felt or noticed a difference until the day I welcomed Mielle Organics Rosemary Mint Scalp & Hair Strengthening Oil into my life. 

My goodness. The rant I can go on about Mielle. 

I have raved about it to absolutely everyone in my life and now it is your turn to hear what I have to say about this amazing Black-Owned brand. 

I swear to you after just one singular use I noticed an immediate difference and literally the very next day I received compliments on my hair. It was as if my hair naturally dried into the most beautiful blowout. Absolutely no frizz and my hair looked so shiny, felt so soft, and smelled so good. 

Now it is suggested to apply it onto your scalp for 10 minutes before you wash it but I'll be honest -- I use it as an overnight hair mask when I know I am going to wash my hair the next morning (which for me I try to wash my hair 2-3 days a week). 

But let me get into the crack of it for you because it can honestly be used in numerous ways:

Scalp Treatment
Section hair into 4 parts exposing scalp. Apply a small amount of oil to the scalp, massage the oil in with your fingers, and comb through to the ends of the hair. Leave in and style as desired.

Daily Use
Apply a small amount to the scalp and comb through to the ends.

Split End Care
Apply oil to the ends of the hair, place a processing cap on the head, and leave it on for 10 minutes. Rinse and proceed with shampooing.

Benefits:

  • Use for daily hair care or specialized scalp treatments
  • Helps improve length retention
  • Conditions dry scalp
  • Smooths split ends

Formulated without: No Parabens, No Sulfates, No Paraffin, No Mineral Oil, No DEA, No Animal Testing

HAIR OIL

BioSilk Silk Therapy Original has been the hair oil my mom has made me use almost my entire life and of course, it has always stuck with me because it truly is a great product. 

All hair textures, including fine hair, curly hair, textured hair, wavy hair, and even color-treated hair, can be protected with BioSilk Silk Therapy Original, a weightless leave-in reconstructing treatment. Naturally repairing split ends while guarding against further harm, the rich, moisture-bursting composition is a great one.

  • Fills voids in the cuticle to create smooth hair
  • Aids in preventing split ends
  • Provides incredible shine

HEAT PROTECTANT

Farewell Frizz Blow Dry Perfection Heat Protectant Cream is great for all your heat days!

You can always rely on this anti-frizz blow-dry crème to keep your hair sleek, shining, and manageable. The formula relies on a trio of nourishing plant oils (rosehip, argan, and coconut) to lock in moisture, prevent damage, add shine, and stop troublesome frizz before it starts. It is made for all hair types, from straight and fine to thick and oily. Moreover, it shields hair against 450-degree heat styling, making it the ideal partner for usage with your hot tools.

Key Ingredients:

  • Rosehip Oil: Protects the hair from free-radical damage, and provides essential fatty acids to help deter frizz and balance hair hydration
  • Argan Oil: Provides vitamin E and essential fatty acids to thoroughly condition and help address dryness, damage, and frizz
  • Coconut Oil: Helps seal in moisture, and protects against breakage, environmental impurities, and excess heat

DRY SHAMPOO

COLAB Dry Shampoo + Extreme Volume is hands down the best dry shampoo I have ever used in my life! I mean the name speaks for itself really. Dry shampoo while giving you some volume? Perfection.

The product for adding volume effectively absorbs oil, revitalizes the roots, and adds backcombed volume, texture, and lift right away. Your hair will have the best body and oomph after just a little spritz with bergamot and rose notes giving out a lovely aroma.

Benefits:
  • Cruelty-free + vegan friendly
  • Perfect for all hair types, colors, and textures
  • Award-winning dry shampoo

GENERAL TIPS

As mentioned, I have had quite the hair journey and there are still general rules I try to follow such as
  1. Reducing heat use! Since the very beginning of this year (Jan. 1) I have only used heat in my hair twice. Instead, I have resorted to heatless hairstyles such as hair rollers if I'm not doing some sort of fun updo
  2. I try to only wash my hair about 2-3 times a week! Typically I aim for two days a week unless absolutely necessary I'll do three! I've just tried to embrace the natural oils in my hair and let it do its own thing (but don't be fooled I'll make sure I'm doing some sort of updo to disguise the mess when it's starting to get close to the end).
Now if you've made it this far? Congrats and good luck on your hair journey! Talk next week xx

Comments

Popular Posts